Tuesday, October 6, 2009

How do I add volume to the roots of my hair?

My hair is medium thickness, layered (longest layer level with arm-pit. I know that sounds gross, sorry...=)). My hair is also curly, but I blow dry and straighten it. I have tried everything, from different blow-drying tricks to different gels, mousses, creams, etc, but nothing works. Ideally I would like to achieve hair that looks like Lindsay Lohans, where its full at the top and straight or curled at the bottom. HELP!



How do I add volume to the roots of my hair?

While blow drying use a round bristle brush, grab hair at the root with the brush and pull straight up with the brush. You can either do it straight or curl the end at the bottom. Try a couple of different professional products that you put in your hair prior to blow drying it that helps with volume. If you don't want a curl at the bottom you can use a flat iron and only run it on the ends where you want it straight. After the volume height is achieved use a finishing spray. Nothing too heavy because you dont' want it to be heavy or go flat. I would reccomend Nexxtacy by Nexxus. It's a very light spray, but it has some elasticity with it so it'll hold but you can still run your fingers through your hair.



If you don't have time to use the brush, try blow drying your hair upside down with the same type of product and then curl/flat iron the ends. Hope this helps!!



How do I add volume to the roots of my hair?

Go to a store and buy a hair volumizer. They sell those probably in the cosmetic isles and stuff.



How do I add volume to the roots of my hair?

get some volumizing shampoo like vive pro it works pretty go0od



How do I add volume to the roots of my hair?

Blow dry or towel wrap your hair and REMOVE some moisture before you apply product, emulsify (rub it around in your hands) your "volume" product and apply at the roots, blow dry your hair and use a round brush. If you can't use the brush while drying... dry and then use a large round brush like its a curling irion or velcro roller. Blast the section with hot air and then cool shot or let it cool before you remove the brush.



How do I add volume to the roots of my hair?

When you first blowdry your hair, blow dry it upside down for a few minutes. Also if you use a vent brush you can pick the hair up at the ends. Spray a light hold hair spray at your roots and lift. This will help. Vavoom also has a new shampoo and conditioner out called bodifying shampoo. It really does give the volume. My hair is thin. Trust me, I swear by this product. You can get it on sale at Smartstyles salon located in the super walmarts.

No comments:

Post a Comment