Monday, July 27, 2009

Dark streak-y hair to platinum blonde?

My hair is naturally medium brown. However back in October I had a lot of bright chunky blonde highlights put into my hair, and the rest dyed almost black. It has grown out a few inches since then and much of the "black" is very faded, and I am really wanting slightly the opposite of what I have now.



I would like platinum blonde (or almost) on the top layer of my hair, and black underneath...and maybe a few skinny black streaks on the top layer.



Pretty much just like this http://www.talkingdesktop.com/Christina%...



Is it do-able, since I had dyed some of my hair almost black about 4 months ago?



I heard that it can be orange-y and I do not want that!! it must be very bright...no orange/yellow/copper...nothing light that.



If it does turn out yellow-ish on the ends, do you think it will look okay since I have black underneath, and it will distract from the orangeness a little?



Any professional hair dressers out there?



Dark streak-y hair to platinum blonde?

If you are asking if the dyed dark pieces will come up orangy, chances are great that they will. It is very hard to "lift" hair that has been dyed black. If the dark has lightened much like you say, chances are better. Most likely a stylist will bleach the hair, and it may take several tries. Don't let them put a stripper on it, it is basically bleach, but more likely to turn you warm shades. At best, the black pieces will come up a caramel color (think dark warm blonde), which can look very pretty. Any more questions?



Answer to your addtional details:



Toners will work to remove warmth, but in order to do that, they use ash. Ash works great, but if you get it on any of the previously colored light pieces, the toner can really grab resulting in green,gray, or muddy tones. Most professionals can avoid this, but I would still be careful. You will probably never be able to get all the warmth out, but I think you would still like it.



Dark streak-y hair to platinum blonde?

i personly don.t like it the blondes to white i thing you should do a bown with red on the bottom just like that



Dark streak-y hair to platinum blonde?

depending on what shape your hair is in will determine weather or not it's possible. I usually advise my clients to gradually lighten ESPECIALLY black hair color.so that there isn't any brassyness!!!! If you want it done all at once. I would recomend stripping out the black and starting over.



You should start deep conditioning now.



Dark streak-y hair to platinum blonde?

I'm not a professional but I have dyed my hair since I was 14. I'm 30 now. I've turned my hair bleached white by accident to murky green by accident and everything nice in between. I've done bad a$$ highlights on myself and family and friends etc.



Black is one of the hardest colors to dye over. When bleaching it, you are pulling out all the pigment in your hair. It goes through difrrent shades as it lightens (reds,coppers,oranges,golds,yellows,etc. Because you haven't dyed it in 4 mos it may work. What you probably need to have done is have the color stripped from your hair. they sell a product to do this. BUT I WOULD HIGHLY SUGGEST YOU HAVE IT DONE PROFESSIONALY. Color removal, bleaching, all of that is gonna fry your hair...BAD! I once bleached this girls hair and she had steam coming off of it..HAHA..she told me her head was on fire(not good)lol.



If they tell you told off, then you probably should. GOOD LUCK

No comments:

Post a Comment